Friday, March 6, 2009

Spring

I felt like I participated in a sort of revenge today.

I unleashed two three year olds and a toddler onto my front porch to shout forth lusty jibberish into the spring air. Their songs were accompanied by stomping, clapping and dervish dancing.

Let my drug dealing, basebooming neighbors know, they are not the only ones that can make noise.

Sing on girls.

Willa is breaking and opening my heart. She is no longer just my little baby. She runs forth with the pack of the young. Happy and wild she joins in their play and their chase. Only when it's really necessary does she look to me for comfort and take solace in nursing. The world is too big, too joyous not to participate in. Let her voice join the din. Let her foot stomps join the dance. Cheeks red from hollering and sweating on the porch, let her come back to me. Let me, for these months longer, savour every kiss I can place on her sweet nearly hairless head, look into her eyes as she nurses, and selfishly hold her newness close to my body. My heart expands with everyday of your life and grieves as I must release you moment by moment into the wider world.

No comments:

Post a Comment